By Alma Bengio
I’ve personally never been comfortable using tampons. I found them somewhat invasive, uncomfortable, and slightly unnecessary. But after being convinced by friends to try them out, I decided to step out of my comfort zone and see what all the hype was about.
Tampons have more pros than cons honestly. It was explained to me before trying them out but once I actually wore one it became clear what a time-saver and stress-free product and solution they actually are. So if you’re also struggling with whether to try out a tampon or not, this is for you.
- Tampons absorb inside, so there's a lot less opportunity for leaking. This doesn’t happen with pads. You are constantly thinking about whether you leaked, whether your underwear shifted out of place, are overly conscious about your flow, and they’re just so much messier.
- Tampons can be worn in the water. Meaning those warm vacations that are in threat of being sabotaged by the arrival of your period are no longer a problem. I used to miss out on the sea and pool because I would only wear pads or liners, but tampons just ended this struggle for me right away.
- You can wear any type of underwear with a tampon. Wearing pads requires a more strategic approach to getting dressed because you don’t want to leak by any means. Well, that won’t be a problem with tampons.
- Wearing a pad for too long can cause foul odor (smell). As long as you remove tampons when necessary, you won’t have to worry about any bad smells.
- Lastly, tampons are just so much more convenient. Not only wearing them, but carrying them around in your purse. They're like carrying around pens. Small, non-invasive, and a discrete addition to your bag essentials.
These are just a few of the advantages of wearing a tampon. Once I realized just how convenient tampons are, I never went back! The best part is, Viv offers organic cotton-based tampons that are BPA and toxin-free. So you’re not only inserting a clean and quick appliance, but you can be confident it will have no negative impact on your body at all.